Irrepressible Voices is looking for a CTO & Co-Founder
Who we are:
Irrepressible Voices (IV) is a community platform for videos about human rights issues, a Human Rights YouTube meets Wikileaks.
Users from around the world submit their videos, verify and curate them and interact with each other. In addition, a network of NGOs and partner institutions will help to raise awareness for their cause.
Irrepressible Voices means: empower people, raise awareness, create change!
We want you ....
- to take charge of the development of our platform, which means: oversight and implementation of all IT related matters
- to have a very good working knowledge of current web technologies. The platform is currently built in PHP (Zend Framework)
- any other additional programming languages or technical skills are a plus
- to be highly motivated to become an expert -if you are not one already- in security related issue: Big data, encryption, security & privacy protection, digital fingerprints, cloud forensics, tor, anchorfree, filepicker.io, cloudflare.
- and most importantly: We want you to share our vision for a secure and free platform to make people’s voices heard and, thus, change the world for good!
What you get ...
- the chance to lead a technically demanding business case
- opportunity to become our co-founder and Social Entrepreneur
- as soon as we’re up and running (and earn money) you’ll receive a share in our Social Start Up
- a great work environment: we are located at Berlin´s Social Impact Lab, provided by SAP
- opportunity to join the developer programme hosted by Sourcefabric
- an opportunity to develop this project (also as a part of a Master thesis) with us and evolving a vision of Irrepressible Voices as the “Wikileaks for Human Rights Videos”
- last not least your work will be relevant for millions of people worldwide
Please send your CV and your track record to info(at)irrepressiblevoices.org